2019 STUDENT ARTIST PROGRAM
at the Laguna Beach Art-A-Fair Festival
Each year the Art-A-Fair Foundation chooses two high school juniors or seniors to participate in the Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival. The Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival is a juried art show with over 100 of Southern California’s top artists, as an exhibiting student artist!
All products created from the student art which will be available for sale are paid for 100% by the Art-A-Fair Foundation! From the booth fixtures to scanning, reproductions of artwork and supplies, everything needed to have a successful show.
With the mentoring of the Foundation board, it is a great opportunity for student artists to not only earn money toward their future art goals but learn how to make art that sells, speak to customers, and gain confidence in their work.
Students wishing to participate must submit their applications and images of their work to the Foundation board. Students are selected from the submissions based on the quality of work and suitability of work to be shown in the Festival. After selection students are interviewed by the Foundation board and two are chosen to participate in the show. Leading up to the show opening the board works with the students to choose works that will represent their style and also be sought after by the buyers at the Festival.
The Art-A-Fair Foundation pays for everything the student needs for a successful show experience:
• The full cost of the booth at the Art-A-Fair Festival.
• For two-dimensional artists ALL framing, printing, and products to sell at the show.
• For three-dimensional artists ALL cost of materials for creating their artwork to sell at the show and studio time (kiln time, etc.)
• Students receive the full value of their artwork sold during the show.
• Coaching on selling artwork, working with customers and additional mentoring by many of Southern California’s finest artists.
This is a great opportunity for any student who is passionate about art. We have had even the shyest of artists come out of their shells during the summer and carry that newfound confidence to college and beyond.
Students whose artwork best reflects the Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival will be invited to bring their artwork to be reviewed in person by the Art-A-Fair Foundation board members. After review by the board members, the students who have been chosen to receive the scholarship will be contacted and given instructions on how to prepare for the show opening.
2019 Scholarship winners will be announced no later than March 25th.
This opportunity is all about selling your work to a large group of people. The demographics of this show are people 30+ years old. Please present artwork that reflects a large demographic. Shock art, horror, political themes, generally do not sell at this show.
LAGUNA ART-A-FAIR FESTIVAL
The 2019 Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival runs from opening night Wednesday, June 26 through Sunday, September 1, 2019.
The show is open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and until 10:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
• Students must be juniors or seniors in the high school in the year 2019.
• Students must be residents of and students of southern California.
• Students must be actively planning further art education or a career in the arts.
• 2D artists have at least 12 pieces of art, approved by the Foundation Board, completed by April 8, 2019, to be scanned and printed and be prepared to created additional work during the summer season.
• 3D artists have at least 20 finished pieces of art, approved by the Foundation Board, completed by April 8, 2019, and ability to create more during the summer season to replenish stock.
• Must be available to work at their booth a least one day each weekend during the show to sell art and interact with customers.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the show’s Laguna Beach location.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.
ARTWORK AND APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN MARCH 15TH
Once complete, send five (5) jpgs of your art that best represent your work to email@example.com.
Label the artwork with your first and last name. (E.g. BillSmith_1, BillSmith_2)