2018 Application – Click Here
Each year the Art-A-Fair Foundation will awards two scholarships to high school juniors or seniors who will be following their dreams of further arts education and careers in the arts.
The scholarship will consist of shared booth space at the Laguna Art-A-Festival in Laguna Beach, a juried art show with over 100 artists from around the world. All products created from the student art which will be available for sale are paid for 100% by the Art-A-Fair Foundation!
The student scholarship award is based on the full value of artwork sold during the summer. This is a great opportunity for student artists to not only earn money toward their future art goals but learn how to make art that sells, speak to customers, and gain confidence in their work.
Students wishing to participate submit their applications and images of their work to the Foundation board. Students are selected from the submissions based on quality of work and suitability of work to be shown in the Festival. After selection students are interviewed by the Foundation board and two are chosen to participate in the show. Leading up to the show opening the board works with the students to choose works that will represent their style and also be sought after by the buyers at the Festival.
The Art-A-Fair Foundation pays for everything the student needs for a successful show experience:
• Full cost of the booth at the Art-A-Fair Festival.
• For two dimensional artists ALL framing, printing and products to sell at the show.
• For three dimensional artists ALL cost of materials for creating their artwork to sell at the show and studio time (kiln time, etc.)
• Students receive full value of their artwork sold during the show. Past scholarship winners have averaged $2,500 in art sales at the Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival.
• Coaching on selling artwork, working with customers and additional mentoring by many of Southern California’s finest artists.
This is a great opportunity for any student who is passionate about artwork. We have had even the shyest of artists come out of their shells during the summer and carry that newfound confidence to college and beyond.
Please take time to review our simple application and procedures.
Students submit their application and digital files to the Art-A-Fair Foundation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who’s artwork best reflects the show will be invited to bring their artwork to be reviewed in person by the Art-A-Fair Foundation board members. After review by the board members the students who have been chosen to receive the scholarship will be contacted and given instructions on how to prepare for the show opening.
2018 Scholarship winners will be announced no later than April 9, 2015
The 2018 Art-A-Fair Festival runs from opening night Wednesday, June 27 through Sunday, September 2, 2018. The show is open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and until 10:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
• Must be juniors or seniors in the high school class of 2018
• Must be residents of and students in southern California
• Must be actively planning further art education or a career in the arts
• 2D artists have at least 12 pieces of art completed by May 15, 2018 to be scanned and printed and be prepared to created additional work during the summer season.
• 3D artists have at least 20 finished pieces of art completed by May 15, 2018 and ability to create more during the summer season to replenish stock.
• Must be available to work at their booth a least one day each weekend during the show to sell art and interact with customers.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the show’s Laguna Beach location.
Student Artist Must Agree to the Following
• Deliver at least twelve works (dry and ready for scanning) to Framing Artistry, 10005 Muirlands Blvd STE O Irvine CA by May 15, 2018
• Provide their artist’s bio by May 15, 2018
• Attend coaching sessions prior to the opening of the Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival.
• Abide by all the rules and regulations of the Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival