Student Artist Program
2021 Student Artist
CONGRATULATION SOREN ALMEDIA – OUR 2021 STUDENT ARTIST
Visit Soren this summer at the Art-A-Fair Festival in Laguna Beach. Show starts July 2nd!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Student Artist Program
For over 15 years the Art-A-Fair Foundation has provided exhibition space at the Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival Summer Art Show. Two high school junior or senior students were chosen from students across the Southern California regions. They were provided shared exhibition space and 100 % of the money earned from the products they sold were given to the students in the form of a grant to further their art careers. They were also given valuable mentoring by seasoned artist professionals throughout the summer providing them real world experience as a professional, selling artist.
Student Artist Program Outline
Each year in February, the Art-A-Fair Foundation chooses two high school juniors, seniors, or college freshmen to participate in the Laguna art-A-Fair Festival.
The Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival is a juried art show with over 100 of southern California’s top artists.
All products created from the student artists’ work, including prints, notecards, gifts, and framed originals, are completely paid for by the Art-Fair Foundation. From booth fixtures to scanning of the artwork to supplies, everything is provided to the student artist to have a successful show.
With the mentoring of the Foundation board, it is a great opportunity for the student artist not only to earn money toward their future art goals, but to learn how to make art that sells, speak to customers, and gain confidence in their work.
Students wishing to participate must submit their applications and images to the Foundation board. Students are selected from the submissions received based on the quality of the work and the suitability of the work to be shown at the Festival.
• The Art-A-Fair Foundation pays for everything the students need for a successful show:
• The full cost of the booth at the Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival
• For two-dimensional artists, all framing, printing, and products to sell at the show.
• For three-dimensional artists, all costs of materials for creating art to sell at the show, including studio time (kiln time, etc.).
• Students receive the full value of their artwork sold during the show in the form of a grant from the art-A-Fair Foundation
• Coaching on selling artwork, working with customers, and additional mentoring by many of southern California’s finest artists.
This is a great opportunity for any student who is passionate about art. We have had even the shyest of artists come out of their shells during the summer and carry that newfound confidence to college and beyond.
To learn more email firstname.lastname@example.org